Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wrote This Elsewhere Today, Saving Here

During the recent economic unpleasantness, my favorite hubby got laid off up in Portland and could not find anything else there. He found a job in Silicon Valley, though. So, here we are. I had lived in Portland for 18 years, considered it my home and was quite reluctant to leave.

It has been a hell of a couple years for me, with various and diverse alarums, disappointments and personal setbacks. I want desperately to not be sad or depressed or frightened anymore, so I've only just started seeing a counselor. (second appointment tomorrow...) While I really should meet people and make some new friends, I worry that I'm currently too crabby and self-absorbed to actually do so.

Historically, I would say that I'm poly, that I just up and fall in love and see no problem with loves overlapping. Pretty damn quick, too. However, it's been years since I've done that. Probably because I had not met many new men in those years, either. Also, I've developed a certain cautious diffidence, as I try to be an actual grown-up and pay attention to the realities, rather than the fantasy. I'm willing to indulge in hope, yet I don't want to be completely naive, as I have done so often in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment