Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Surgery Update

Went and saw the surgeon.  Everything is apparently fine.  There is a small pink & white knobby thing in my belly button, that he wants me to hot compress, but that's it.

All my questions got put out of my head when he told me that the fibroid had had an infarction.  (a heart attack, essentially)  It had lost its blood supply and was dead or dying.  I asked him if that meant if we'd left it all there, would things would have gotten better?  He said no, that it would have gotten all necrotic and rotten and deader and yuckier.  Ick.

We're having a False Spring right now.  It's sunny during the day, and gets near to 60 degrees F.  Apparently, the cold and rains and muck will come back in awhile and last through April-ish.  So, I keep opening the windows of the house, to air things out a bit.  And right now (early afternoon), I want to close the windows of my bedroom, wrap up in a quilt and go to sleep, leaving the rest of the house to be chilly.

No comments:

Post a Comment