Saturday, February 5, 2011

So, I Hit Him

Perhaps I should start by saying that I'm sick and twisted and only hit folks I like, when they have made bad puns or been smart arses or somesuch.  What this says about my psyche, I dunno'.  If you figure it out, give me a holler.

This afternoon, I was out running errands with That Man.  Somewhere in conversation he said that I was obviously better since the surgery.  I asked him how, and he said I wasn't as tired, I wasn't as grumpy, and (he's on a roll now and grinning slyly) I'm not as mean.  So I punched him on the shoulder and he took back the not as mean part.

Now that's an amusing little story, but it got me thinking, about things I've been thinking about anyhow, about what the overall result of the hysterectomy will look like in the long run.  Every woman I've spoken to who has personal experience in this matter talks about how fabulous she felt, a couple of months later.  As it happens, tomorrow is one month to the day.  And if That Man has already noticed that I'm not as tired or grumpy (see paragraph two), where will I be, a month from today?  How much of my life and energy was eaten by this issue, before I ever knew about it?  I know there's no way to know these things precisely, because I change every day anyhow, but I surely do wonder.

What about important decisions I made while under this influence?  Should I spend any time looking back?  If so, *how far* back? 

I suppose I should just say okay and keep moving forward.  Most of the unhappy decisions I've had to make in the last few years are irrevocable anyway, so no use bothering about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment