Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Mortgage Sold, Water Muddied


I waited all day today for the BofA loan modification team to call.  They didn't.  I'll call them on Friday.

I did, however, get a letter in the mail from them today, informing me that they have sold our mortgage to another bank.  So I'm guessing I'll be calling *two* mortgage providers on Friday.  I'm also guessing that they'll each defer to the other, only muddying the waters more.

I also wonder why, when I talked to the first guy at BofA on Monday, he didn't mention this fabulous fact.  Todays letter is dated 11/14/2012, a week ago.

Now, I've never been thrilled to have to send money to BofA with this mortgage.  But this house was bank owned when we bought it, so we had no choice.  We dumped them years and years ago as our personal bank, because their customer service stank.  We have been credit union members ever since.  So, this change is, on one level, a good thing, I guess.  However, I've never heard of Nationstar Mortgage, LLC before.  So, call me suspicious and paranoid, and possibly radically liberal, but I can't imagine that they are any better or different than BofA.  For all I know they *are* BofA, just with a new coat of paint.

Actually, we got two letters from BofA today.  The other one offered a "pre-approved" credit card.  I just tear those up.

1 comment:

  1. I don't get credit card offers very often any more, but when I do I put a popsicle stick with Occupy the Mail on it in the envelope with the application. and I write "Are you kidding?" on the application with a big black marker.

    ReplyDelete