Thursday, April 21, 2011

Duty Is Another Four Letter Word

Well, I fell into another hole.  Or the same one.  Or something.  My analogy is not working well for me today.  Of course, very little is.

I'm a mess.

The Law of Attraction business that says that somehow one has chosen the life one has?  That's really aggravating.  I don't know how to un-choose, or choose differently, not without stepping all over other people.  And, of course, I'll always choose to damage myself before I will damage other people.  Well, maybe not always, but when it's folks I care about?  In a bloody heartbeat.

I suppose if this is a blog it should have a topic, and be erudite and reach conclusions.  They are mini essays after all.  But I'm circling around inside my own head.  I have these obligations, these duties.  I don't know how to make them palatable, and I don't know how to get out of them honorably.

Duty.  There's a concept.  Maybe a whole essay, right there.

2 comments:

  1. So, if you chose it, what did you choose? To be there for those people who you take care of? To help them as they live the lives they have chosen? To find a way to make Duty become Grace?

    You see that I am full of questions myownself. No answers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.ponderabout.com/archives/3156/a_dreamed_life.aspx. Another thought

    ReplyDelete